<center>Childhood Cancer<br>Paigee's Life<br>Born Oct 15,98<br>Angel, Oct 20, 05</center>: Hospice

Childhood Cancer
Paigee's Life
Born Oct 15,98
Angel, Oct 20, 05

Diagnosed Mar 2003. For 12 months I underwent Chemo/Radiation,completing this treatment Feb 2004. Six months later I relapsed with a tumor to the brain. From Aug 2004 to Jul 2005 I underwent Chemo ( for control only ) based on a Ewings's Protocol.

EMAIL ME, CLICK HERE
Old Site March 2004 Dulles

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hospice

Sharon was the Hospice Nurse today. Heart rate is 56 ( last time I believe it was 58 ). The PulseOx reading is at 96; when it get's below 80 we will be adminstering oxygen. But if we do give Oxygen it can prolong Paigee's remaining days. Isn't that special, now you have to decide if you want her comfortable, or do you want it over quicker. That's especially easy to decide,"Comfortable." Maybe the Hospice people have parents that need to give that decsision some thought. I'm not casting judgement either way. For Rosie and I, it's comfortable.

Oh, please don't email with, "life goes on", this is especially inapropriate right now. Personally don't find comfort in this type of advice. Watching your child SLOWLY die is a very painful process. I think we are handling this pretty well, we have had some good teachers along the way. I didn't mean for this to sound mean, just an FYI.

I believe we are on day # 30 in bed on Morphine. Rosie and I have talked about what Paigee may have surmised at this point and plan on talking with her tomorrow. We never thought she was strong enough like Ben was to know what was going on, but now it seems like kids are just too damn smart for their Parents.


Todays Events
Paigee was up at 9:30, then down at 11:30. Up again at 1:00 for Hospice and down again shortly after that visit. She continues to sleep ! Ever the fighter !

Oops, at 7:00 meds she is up and wants to watch TV she says.

At 8:45PM I increased the Morphine dosage to 1.2 mil(mg)/hr.


Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home